COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
Thank you for your continued support and trust in Beyond Words Dance Center.
As with the transmission of any communicable disease like a cold or the flu, it is not possible to completely
eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19, also known as the “Coronavirus”, at any time or in any place.
Rest assured that we have always followed state and federal regulations to limit transmission of all diseases
in our studio and continue to do so.
Beyond Words Dance Center’s COVID-19 Policies
(subject to change, as needed, to remain current with public health guidance)
• Dancers must follow quarantine guidelines after possible exposure to COVID-19. Please refer to the flow chart above for guidelines regarding your dancer's return to the studio after possible exposure.
• Floors and high-touch surfaces will be disinfected between each group change at classes and rehearsals. Classes will be dismissed five minutes early to allow adequate time for group changes.
• The lobby space is very limited and masks must be worn. We ask that dancers wait in their cars until their designated class time to avoid overcrowding the lobby.
• Dancers must arrive for classes already wearing their dance clothes. Dancers may not use our restrooms as changing rooms. Please wear coverups when appropriate. Street shoes are not allowed on our dance floors.
• All dancers must enter through the main/lobby doors. Classes on our lower floor will be dismissed through the yard that feeds into our parking lot. Classes on our upper level will be dismissed through the stage door (out to 79th Street) to eliminate crowding.
•. Our water fountain and vending machine are unavailable until further notice. Please be sure to bring a water bottle with your dancer’s name on it to the studio for all classes.
• Attendance will be taken in every class to facilitate contact tracing.
• Dancers must use hand sanitizer upon entry and while exiting the studio.
• Face masks are mandatory in our facility for staff, parents, and dancers until further notice. Instructors will give plenty of water breaks for dancers during classes. If your dancer is unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition, a doctor’s note must be provided.
• Dancers must stay in their assigned areas on the floor to practice social distancing in classes and rehearsals.
• All classes, rehearsals, and choreography will remain contact-free until further notice.
• Dancers should not come to the studio if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are exhibiting any symptoms of illness. Dancers will be allowed to sit out and observe if they are injured, but they must stay home if they are feeling under the weather. Zoom class options are available for dancers who don’t feel well enough to come to the studio, but would still like to take or observe the class from home.
• No discounts will be given for Zoom classes unless Beyond Words Dance Center must close due to government regulations, at which time monthly class tuition would be reduced 25%.